Want to work with Lost Tribe?
Please take a look at our open independent contractor roles below. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for independent contractor status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Technological Support Associate
Start Date: September 2022
Job Type: 20 hours/Independent Contractor
Lost Tribe is currently searching for a responsible and motivated Technological Support Assistant to support our Minecraft technical department. Our Minecraft server infrastructure enables us to run programs in partnership with local community organizations and individual registrants. The person who fills this role will work alongside our logistics and operations manager and be expected to learn and grow with our organization and work to enhance and expand our abilities to host these programs ongoing throughout the entire year. They will be categorized as an independent contractor.
Tech responsibilities 90%:
- Learn on the job to assist in the management of Lost Tribe Minecraft’s wide range of server infrastructures
- Maintain communication with various stakeholders and team members
- Work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) to prevent downtime and deal with potential errors
- Work with Minecraft and MySQL servers on a terminal and client level
- Take initiative in implementing procedures with the goal of emphasizing efficiency and simplification of processes
- Provide tech support to clients and instructors
Instructor responsibilities 10%:
- Facilitating a Jewish educational curriculum through the lens of Minecraft.
- Overseeing a group of up to 8 participants and hosting weekly Zoom calls with them during the duration of the program. Minecraft counselors may need to work closely with external coordinators to ensure the program is executed effectively.
- Collaborating with Minecraft management staff to identify opportunities for process improvements, system modifications and provide feedback on programs.
- Review curriculum prior to each class to ensure familiarity when teaching.
- Creating a positive Jewish environment.
- Experience using FTP services
- Beginners experience with MySQL
- Experience utilizing terminals and commands
- Fast and proactive learner who take initiative
- Able to manage assigned projects
- Tech savvy
- Available primarily during after school hours (3-7pm in all US time zones) and on Sundays
- Experience with Minecraft and general knowledge of Java preferred
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Part-time/Independent Contractor
Compensation: $15/hour start
Lost Tribe is currently searching for an enthusiastic instructor to facilitate Jewish education through Minecraft. Our Minecraft programs will be facilitated through local community organizations as well as through individual registrations. Once assigned to a group, the instructor will work with that group until the completion of the program and will be categorized as an independent contractor.
- Facilitating a Jewish educational curriculum through a Minecraft server.
- Overseeing a group of up to 10 participants and hosting weekly Zoom calls with them during the duration of the program. Minecraft Instructors will work closely with external coordinators to ensure the program is executed effectively.
- As needed, discuss with your supervisor to provide feedback and updates on current groups.
- Collaborating with Minecraft management staff to identify opportunities for process improvements, new communities to connect with, and to recommend system modifications.
- Creating a positive Jewish environment
- At least 18 years old
- Knowledge and experience with Minecraft
- Knowledge and expertise with Zoom and Google Meet
- Enthusiastic and engaging with kids – work experience as a camp counselor a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish Culture, Values and Religion
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter, resume and references to Lost Tribe’s Gaming & Program Associate, Naomi Epstein, firstname.lastname@example.org.