Want to work with Lost Tribe?
Please take a look at our open independent contractor roles below. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for independent contractor status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minecraft Program Instructor
Start Date: Rolling
Job Type: Independent Contractor, ~10 hours/week
Compensation: $18/hour start
Lost Tribe is searching for an enthusiastic coordinator to support the Preteen Department and facilitate Jewish education through Minecraft. The coordinator will teach Minecraft programs through our secure and private Minecraft server for local community organizations as well as individual registrants. They will work together with other Minecraft instructors to test new games and support the needs of the team.
● Facilitate a Jewish educational curriculum in Lost Tribe’s private Minecraft servers
● Oversee groups of up to 10 program participants on ZOOM simultaneous to Minecraft
● Test games and activities and ensure they are in good working order
● Provide feedback and updates on current groups, games, builds, and activities and recommend system modifications
● Foster a positive team environment
● Communicate and collaborate with staff from partner organizations during and after programs as needed
● At least 18 years old
● Advanced Minecraft/Minecraft server knowledge and experience
● Must have some availability during the windows of Sundays 9am-5pm and Monday-Thursday 4pm-9pm (inclusive of all US & time zones)
● Comfort using Zoom, Discord, and Google Meet
● Enthusiastic and engaging with kids and teens; work experience as a CIT, camp counselor, youth group staff member, or teacher’s assistant preferred
● Familiarity with Judaism (culture, values, holidays, etc) and feel comfortable facilitating on this topic
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and/or resume plus a list
of three non-family references to Jillian Katz, Director of Preteen Programming, at Jillian@losttribe.org