Want to work with Lost Tribe?
Please take a look at our open independent contractor roles below. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for independent contractor status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director of Pre-Teen Programming
Job Type: Full-time
Role Status: Salaried (Employee)
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000
Lost Tribe is currently searching for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual to lead its Pre-Teen Programming Team. The role will be full time and will be categorized as an employee.
Lost Tribe’s Pre-Teen Programming Team delivers innovative Jewish & Israel education to kids ages 8-12 through the most popular video games in the world: Minecraft and Fortnite. Users participate in interactive, collaborative, innovative, competitive, and social Jewish programming. Our counselors work to ensure that the kids gather in a private, safe, monitored, virtual setting. The instructors are fully remote, but participants can be at home or in a community space while the programs are happening. Lost Tribe delivers Jewish engagement and education to the next generation through new media – with a special emphasis on Jewish youth and teens who are un-affiliated or under-affiliated with Jewish life. The Pre-Teen Programming Department acts as a preventative strategy from teens un-affiliating in the first place.
The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing high-quality programming for pre-teen audiences (8-12 year olds), including Jewish and Israel education and virtual/digital community events. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the interests and needs of pre-teen audiences, experience managing diverse teams of professionals, as well as a proven track record of creating programming and concurrent projects that engage and entertain this demographic.
- Lead efforts to design, manage, and execute the continued evolution of the pre-teen strategy through Lost Tribe’s education/gaming programs and community engagement
- Develop and oversee the execution of a programming strategy that aligns with the interests and needs of pre-teen audiences
- Ensure that all programming is high-quality, engaging, and appropriate for pre-teen audiences
- Planing, oversight, and managing online and in-person programmatic operations, including:
- Minecraft Jewish & Israel Education programs
- Fortnite Jewish & Israel Education programs
- Creation of ongoing pre-teen gaming and other programs
- Focusing data collection efforts within the pre-teen community
- Manage current platforms and tools as needed such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
- Lead all Jewish Education programming sales efforts and give presentations to stakeholders and other larger audiences
- Oversight of a large and growing team of counselors
- Monitor industry trends and stay up-to-date on what pre-teen audiences are watching and engaging with
- Supervise the department’s response in answering questions and providing superior customer service in all programs to all external communities
- Maintain current and creating new marketing videos for pre-teen educational programs
- Ensure proper data collection and usage through surveys, databases, Monday.com, etc.
- Lead all Pre-Teen Department Meetings
- Supervise growing team in the Pre-Teen Department
- Maintain relationships with Lost Tribe’s Gaming Department on all gaming or streaming-related major events, whether in-person or online
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 7+ years of experience in operations and programming, with a focus on pre-teen audiences
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a proven track record of managing teams and delivering successful programming
- Knowledge of tech industry trends and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest developments
- Knowledge of current tech, specifically Monday.com, Hubspot, and Discord a plus
- Excellent understanding of pre-teen audiences and the landscape that engages them
- Strong creative vision and ability to identify and develop successful programming concepts
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines to ensure that all programming is delivered on time and within budget
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Management skills – direct staff and interns to ensure all operations run smoothly
- Prior leadership experience in a logistics and detail-oriented environment, especially complicated staff scheduling
- Dynamic problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic, time management skills, and communication skills with an emphasis on written communication
- Comfortable working remotely
- Must own a laptop and smartphone and have daily access to each, as well as Internet access
- Professionalism and people-skills in dealing with many different audiences, including teens, parents, program partners, tech partners, funders, donors, and lay leaders
- Some travel expected
- Experience in Jewish communal settings (either professionally or as participant) a big plus
To apply, you must submit a resume & cover letter within the application. Contact Lost Tribe’s Chief Business Officer, Brian Soileau, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.